How to notify TRS Recovery Services, Inc. of bankruptcy
To report a bankruptcy to TRS, you may send a letter to TRS or complete the form below. Please allow 30 days for TRS to process and respond to your bankruptcy notification.
If you choose to send a letter, please include the information listed in the Bankruptcy Check List.
Bankruptcy Check List
- A copy of the original petition (if you are in possession of the document)
- Or, if you do not have the petition, please provide the following information:
- Your name as it appears on your check
- The TRS reference number, located in the upper right-hand portion of your collection notice
- If your reference number is unavailable, provide the full bank name, routing number, account number, check numbers of the checks in question and your driver’s license or state-issued ID number.
- Your bankruptcy case number
- The phone number and location of the court in which the bankruptcy was filed
Please include a phone number where you may be reached during business hours and fax or mail this information to:
TRS Recovery Services, Inc.
Attention: Bankruptcy Department
P.O. Box 4812
Houston, TX 77210-4812
NOTE. If you have an inquiry regarding a refund of payment on a debt in bankruptcy, please call (800) 283.4567. Note that if your payment was collected prior to the date of filing, the payment is not subject to refund, absent court procedure. Payments on debts incurred after the date of filing bankruptcy are also not subject to refund.
If you choose to submit the form below, please complete the fields and attach any applicable documentation.